Tuesday, December 4, 2012

F.U., Shepherd's Pie

I wound up using the ground beef I bought to make shepherd's pie to make hamburger patties instead.

So much simpler. Plus, I'm out of eggs and for got to buy edamame.

I took a pound of 90% lean ground sirloin, added a handful of shredded fat-free cheddar, 2 tsp minced garlic, and a buttload of salt & pepper.

I pan-fried them in a skillet spritzed with olive oil then ate them with dijon mustard, two handfuls of cherub tomatoes, two slices of onion, and two dill pickle spears. No bread. And I didn't miss it.

The pound made six patties.

This was for supper.

For breakfast today I had two eggs, two slices of Canadian bacon, and 6 oz of V8. Not enough vegetables, I know, but I was feeling wild & rebellious.

For lunch I had a some of the guacamole with celery. Yum. I'm considering making cottage cheese in  guacamole a permanent thing. But I'll have to switch from crushed pepper flakes to Cayenne pepper and scrap the cilantro.