Sunday, October 20, 2013

I Saw Bon Jovi Perform Live

I'm not a big concert-goer, but my friend needed someone to go with them. My first impression of the show was that it's like being in the television during a live broadcast, only the people around me were a bit douchier.

                                                            Tico Torres on drums.

I saw some tense interaction when an older white lady tried to get a younger Latina to sit down so she could see. Twice. This, of course, resulted in the Latina standing for the entire show and making both of them look like entitled, bratty children to those around them.

The crowd's energy lagged a bit. But this makes sense, when you think about it. It was a Tuesday evening during the school year. The crowd was made up of working adults and perhaps some of their children, pushing the boundaries of the regular weekday bedtime after a long day at school and work. But Bon Jovi worked hard to get everyone to snap out of it.

The show was amazing. I'd never been to any event that even touched the professionalism of this show.

Jon Bon Jovi works his ass off! That dude is in great shape all around: muscles, strong voice, amazing cardio stamina. Huge props to both the band & crew for such an impressive show!

I am now a Bon Jovi fan.

Being the nerd that I am, I naturally began reading up on the band as soon as I was back to the car (as a passenger).

The original four band members are:
Jon Bon Jovi (lead vocals & guitar)
Richie Sambora (guitar)
David Bryan (keyboards)
Tico Torres (drums)

I learned that Richie Sambora quit the tour in August. I've never seen him perform, but the show didn't seem to suffer.

Jon Bon Jovi's parents were both Marines, which may speak to his worth ethic. (I've worked with Marines. I've never met a lazy Marine.)

Bon Jovi has been together and performing for 30 years. I am 40. It's no wonder the concert sounded like a soundtrack of my life.

I encourage you to support this band however you can. I know they're not small or just starting out, but their product is solid. That should be rewarded.

If you aren't convinced to support the band itself, you may be interested in supporting the Jon Bon Jovi Soul Foundation through donations of money and/or your time. The JBJ Soul Foundation's mission: "to combat issues that force families and individuals into economic despair."

They have my support.