Saturday, September 19, 2015

Diary 10

September 19, 2015

We were up early to help some acquaintances with some lawn & painting projects this morning. We were pretty pooped by afternoon since we're not used to that much physical labor, so my afternoon mostly consisted of watching old episodes of Doctor Who to be in the spirit of the "Doctor Who season" even though I won't have access to the episode that aired today until tomorrow.

I had a surprise text from one of my sisters saying that she was nearby and wondering whether she could stay the night. The answer is always Yes, Of Course! She's been really good to me during my tough times, and she's fun to hang out with. We're going to work on the family land tomorrow (haha lawn work, not like farming or something) along with Mom and another of our sisters.

I had a bacon/eggs/coffee breakfast and just a pork chop for lunch. Super keto. lol Later I had a bit of the strawberry iced milk that I'd stashed in the freezer. Surprisingly, I didn't eat the entire stash. This medicine really does suppress my appetite. It's easier to tell the difference between eating for hunger and eating just to taste the food. I wish that would stay with me once I'm done with the treatment.

Supper was Mexican food with Mom & Sister 3, but I didn't have any rice & beans. Just a crunchy beef taco, a cheese enchilada, and guacamole salad. I did not eat my weight in chips, either. Still, not at all low carb. But I figure with the physical labor this morning and the physical labor tomorrow, I'm not going to beat myself up. And NO RICE & BEANS. That is a big deal. I count it as a triumph.

Today I am grateful for:
--Still being able to get up off the ground if I sit down, despite my weight and aches & pains
--Family that has kept me afloat & alive
--Laughter with people I care about
--Laughter in general

Good night.